Everyone needs a chance to blog or brag about the wonderful things that happen in their lives. This is my opportunity to share with you the things that you, of course, HAVE to know about me and those I love! Enjoy reading about the things that make me laugh, the things that make me cry, and the things that keep me going all together...

Monday, July 20, 2009

Everything Kisses

My Emmalynn angel is growing up entirely too fast and it is so absolutely amazing to me all of the new things she comes up with.

We were in the habit of giving 3 kinds of kisses at bedtime; Butterfly Kisses, (which she has to have on EACH eye or it doesn't count), Eskimo Kisses (which she gives entirely too hard on my nose and it hurts every time but she loves it so whatever), and of course, People Kisses! (which are always sloppy and make her belly laugh)... well... last night our routine got a little out of hand.

We had Elephant Kisses and Monster Kisses and Hair Kisses and Eyebrow Kisses and every other kiss you can possibly imagine!!! It was so funny trying to come up with how an Elephant Kiss was supposed to be on the spur of the moment!

But it dawned on me after I finally told her no more kinds of kisses and that she needed to sleep (had to pull out my Mommy voice for that one)... parenting is such a spur of the moment kind of thing. So much of the time I am just hoping and praying that God will lead me in my parenting because it's not something you can study. Each child is so different and each has their own style of discipline and love and everything.

I am so thankful for my angels. And for the sweet kisses that end up being the times I'll remember (and they'll remember) forever.

No comments: