Everyone needs a chance to blog or brag about the wonderful things that happen in their lives. This is my opportunity to share with you the things that you, of course, HAVE to know about me and those I love! Enjoy reading about the things that make me laugh, the things that make me cry, and the things that keep me going all together...

Monday, June 22, 2009

Jibber Jabber and more!

The jibber jabber days are coming to an end. Bree is repeating everything so clearly and Emma, of course, has been talking in full sentences for a long while. We still have the occasional word mix up though. For instance... when she wants me to relax with her for a while she says... "Can you 'be lax' we with?" Or when she is craving some PB&J she asks for a "PB&J Swamich". So cute. Cute but entirely serious. My kid does says some of the funniest things and yet, is so serious about the things she says. Like the other day, my co-worker and I were carpooling and she asked Emma if Emma liked her long hair. Very solemnly Emma replied that she did not like her long hair. My co-worker was caught off guard and before she could say anything else Emma said, "The thing is, I love my long hair!"... and while it was an absolutely hysterical situation, we could not laugh, because she was dead serious. She didn't 'like' her long hair, she LOVED it! hahaha

For Bree... do you ever just wonder where they learn all the words they say? I mean, you know you sit there and talk to them like you talk to anyone but it's like it just clicks for them and all of a sudden they are speaking like little adults! An example... last night, as clear as a bell, she asked for "a sippy of apple juice", instead of just looking at me and saying "apple juice". And the way she pronounces her words are so funny. She says them clearly but her mouth looks like she's been practicing in front of a mirror! Her little lips form every aspect of each letter. Too cute!!!

Bree will be 2 in less than a month and we have some really exciting stuff going on there. Her party is going to be on the 11th and it'll be an all day thing. I'm setting up a waterpark in my back yard and people can come and go as they please. I figure it'll be easier for people to enjoy their weekend that way. Cake and icecream will be at 3pm.

Ya know, there are days that I sit back and look at my kids playing and wonder how I made it to this point. How did I survive the days when they were both in diapers, the days when they were both crying uncontrollably and nothing I could do would make them stop, the days when Bree was brand new and Emma was still so tiny herself... and I am so thankful. God gives us these little idiosyncrasies to get us from one diaper blow out to the next and I am so grateful that he chose me for those 2 angels. They are the best part of me and I am psyched about my life with them.

No comments: