Everyone needs a chance to blog or brag about the wonderful things that happen in their lives. This is my opportunity to share with you the things that you, of course, HAVE to know about me and those I love! Enjoy reading about the things that make me laugh, the things that make me cry, and the things that keep me going all together...

Monday, June 22, 2009

Family Ties - Cont'd

So I posted a few weeks ago about my family being together again for the first time in over 15 years... they came, they went, and we ALL had a blast!

Courtney got here in the beginning of June and we had a good time hanging out with family, celebrating graduations, and dancing till we couldn't dance anymore :)
Jordan got here about a week and a half ago and, while he was only here for a short time, we had SUCH a good time!

So many fun and exciting things happened while they were here. I introduced them both to crawfish, and while Courtney likes it I don't think she thought it was worth the work. However, Jordan was all about the crawfish! I think I've converted him for sure. We played pool that same night that we had crawfish and let me tell you... I flat out suck at pool. Court and I both do :) Jordan however, is actually pretty good.

The last night Court was here I treated her to one of my favorite vices, the Sonic blast... we got in some more sister time watching Twilight together and then it was time for her to return to Hollywood :(... So sad to see her go.

The last night Jordan was here I really stole him away and we had a great time. I took him to the range and found out that he is a pretty good shot for someone who'd never held a .40 in his life. Then I took him to Kemah and showed him around the boardwalk. I think he thought that was pretty cool; we ate a Joe's and then got icecream.

While they were here we got the entire family together for pictures. The day we did the pictures I am positive that Satan took residence in the park I chose for the pictures. It was so hot and humid and EVERYONE was miserable. Somehow we pulled it together though and got some really great shots. My good friend, Missy, is so talented with her Nikon that I swear by her for every single big picture day I will ever have. Check out the pics at www.snappedwithlove.com. Her blog is where you can see some of them for now. No doubt, the best photographer ever.

I think I am going to try and plan a trip to California for next August and steal them away for a road trip through the vineyards. Wish me luck with that!

No comments: