So my hard work for the last several months paid off and my company paid for Michael and I to go to Puerto Rico for 4 Days and it was THE BOMB!We stayed at the Wyndam Rio Mar Resort about 30 minutes out of San Juan. Sporting 2 pools, 2 golf courses, a Spa, beach side service, 10 restaurants, several Iguanas, and a Casino (yes, I said Casino), this resort was no less than phenomenal. It had marble floors and the most a
mazing architecture, not to mention the wonderful service and exotic everything.Day 1 was pretty laid back because we got there so late. But Michael and I didn't waste anytime getting to our room, changing into our suits, and hitting up the hot tub. We were there for all of 20 minutes before deciding that we needed to check out the Casino. It's almost like we thought the trip was going to end right away and we would need to get it all in at once...
Day 2 was also pretty laid back. We started by going to breakfast at the most amazing restaurant and had a full buffet and mimosas. After that we headed off to the beach and worked our way to the pool. Very relaxing. Around lunch time we took a shuttle over to the Iguana Pub on the other side of the Resort and we were able to see amazing views of the Rain Forest. Funny enough, there were no Iguanas there, but the pool and ponds in front of the hotel on the other side of the resort was full of them!
I took a 3 hour nap after lunch while Michael hit up the Casino again, and won us about $160... which we later lost that night.Day 3 was totally devoted to the company's activities. It started with a long bus ride over to the Rain Forest entrance.
We started our 2 mile trek at about the middle of the mountain and saw so many amazing things! There wasn't much wild life but the foliage alone was so beautiful. The walk was pretty rough because it was so up and down. I had to really watch my footing so the pictures we took are what I got to see. Honestly, if I'd been able to walk with my head up and looking around, we would have had so many more pictures. Every single sight was so beautiful. We got so many absolutely amazing pictures and had such a good time taking that walk. About half way throug
h the walk we stopped at a waterfall and swimming hole. The water was so cold but Michael and I were both brave enough to get in and experience the joy of swimming in a waterfall in Puerto Rico. It was totally worth it! After we finished the tour of the Rain Forest we took another pretty lengthy bus ride over to a Ca
tamaran and set sail for a private island where lunch was served. We were able to swim around the island, walk on the beach, and have an all around wonderful time before we set sail again for a reef to snorkel. I couldn't get my snorkel to work so I just snapped a few shots I thought would be good and headed back for the boat. The water in Puerto Rico is much more salty than any I've ever swam in before so it was hard for me to really enjoy being in the ocean. We were taken back to the hotel and had to immediately get ready for the company dinner that night. The dinner rivaled the rest of the day because it was SO nice! Michael and I didn't stay up too late after such a full day but we did have so much fun!
Day 4 was totally devoted to relaxing, again. We sat by the pool for a little while, took some more pictures because the amount we had taken just didn't do the resort or our time there the justification it deserved, and we took a short nap on one of the resort couches. Our plane ride home SUCKED because it was 5 hours long but over all we had such a wonderful time.We will definitely be going back to Puerto Rico... good times...

1 comment:
Yay! Puerto Rico rocks. Great pics!
Post a Comment